Now Hiring Communications Director
WE NEED A COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR!
Leadership Springfield is looking for a dynamic team player to complete our fast-paced team. The Communications Director will be primarily responsible for coordinating events and programming for Leadership Springfield class participants and alumni as well as cultivating relationships with a variety of audiences to promote our organization’s brand and mission.
This position is more than a bullet-point list of tasks and responsibilities. Our team is small but mighty, and we are seeking the individual who is truly the right fit for our unique opportunity.
The ideal candidate:
· Mission-driven and hardworking with a positive attitude.
· Likes getting out of the office and working with people more than sitting at a desk.
· Takes great pride in creating and running successful events of many styles and sizes, where guests are wowed and things flow smoothly.
· A communicator who is passionate about the Springfield community and likes meeting people and making connections.
· Excited to jump on board a growing non-profit organization with tons of potential.
The Communications Director will step into the organization and take on the following responsibilities:
· Event Coordination: Coordinate existing and new Leadership Springfield programs, including logistics and communication to execute four separate service lines with dozens of day-time events throughout the year (Signature Class, Leadership Academy, Principals of Leadership and Access Class). Serve as onsite coordinator and resource for class participants throughout program year.
· Alumni Engagement: Serve as alumni relations coordinator, including planning regular alumni happy hours, collaborating with alumni committee to plan and execute relevant quarterly educational programming, create new opportunities for alumni to be inspired, developed and connected, and effectively demonstrate the value of alumni membership to the growing alumni base.
· Community Relations: Represent organization’s mission in the community and cultivate relationships by attending community events. Be a brand ambassador to a variety of audiences.
· Marketing & Communications: Promote the organization’s mission and programs. Work closely with the Executive Director to implement the marketing and communications strategy.
· Team Collaboration: While not primary responsibilities, the Communications Director will have some involvement with website, social media, sponsorship and fundraising.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Marketing or related field required. Event experience required. Non-profit experience with development a plus. This position is full time in Springfield, MO and reports to the Executive Director. Benefits include open PTO policy, 401(k) match, health insurance options and more. For more information or to apply for the position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Springfield is a non-profit leadership development organization that exists to inspire, develop and connect leaders to serve our community.