Established in 1990 as way of expanding Leadership Springfield’s reach to a younger generation. The Academy is open to juniors from nine Springfield public and private high schools as well as homeschool students who reside within the Springfield Public Schools district. Thirty-two students are selected each year for a program that is modeled after the Signature Class. For a look at a program day with the Academy students, click here.
The program goals of the academy are:
- To provide exposure to community structure and issues
- To provide interaction between developing leaders and the established leaders of today
- To develop personal skills needed for future roles as leaders
- To emphasize the importance of community service
- To harness the enthusiasm of youth to help solve local problems
Applications will open in February 2018 for Class 29, to be notified click here.
Thank you to everyone that applied & to the area counselors that help recruit such great applicants.