Applications for Academy Class 30 (2019-2020) are now open!
1. Download the PDF Application Here
2. Complete Online Application Here
3. Turn in Parent / Guardian Form
4. Turn in Recommendation Form
Applications for the Academy program will be open until April 1, 2019 at 5pm. If you have any difficulties completing the application or questions about the Academy program, please contact us at 417-986-2884 or email@example.com.
Established in 1990 as way of expanding Leadership Springfield’s reach to a younger generation. The Academy is open to juniors from Springfield public and private high schools as well as homeschool students who reside within the Springfield Public Schools district. Thirty-two students are selected each year for a program that is modeled after the Signature Class. For a look at a program day with the Academy students, click here.
The program goals of the academy are:
- To provide exposure to community structure and issues
- To provide interaction between developing leaders and the established leaders of today
- To develop personal skills needed for future roles as leaders
- To emphasize the importance of community service
- To harness the enthusiasm of youth to help solve local problems