Established in 1990 as way of expanding Leadership Springfield’s reach to a younger generation. The Academy is open to juniors from nine Springfield public and private high schools as well as homeschool students who reside within the Springfield Public Schools district. Thirty-two students are selected each year for a program that is modeled after the Signature Class.
The program goals of the academy are:
- To provide exposure to community structure and issues
- To provide interaction between developing leaders and the established leaders of today
- To develop personal skills needed for future roles as leaders
- To emphasize the importance of community service
- To harness the enthusiasm of youth to help solve local problems
Letters of notification for Class 28 will be sent out in the mail at the beginning of May.
Thank you to everyone that applied & to the area counselors that help recruit such great applicants.