Applications for Academy Class 30 (2019-2020) are now open!
1. Complete Online Application Here
2. Turn in Parent / Guardian Form
3. Turn in Recommendation Form
Applications for the Academy program will be open until April 1, 2019 at 5pm. If you would like to view a PDF of the entire application, please click here. If you have any difficulties completing the application or questions about the Academy program, please contact us at 417-986-2884 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1990 as way of expanding Leadership Springfield’s reach to a younger generation. The Academy is open to juniors from Springfield public and private high schools as well as homeschool students who reside within the Springfield Public Schools district. Thirty-two students are selected each year for a program that is modeled after the Signature Class. For a look at a program day with the Academy students, click here.
The program goals of the academy are:
- To provide exposure to community structure and issues
- To provide interaction between developing leaders and the established leaders of today
- To develop personal skills needed for future roles as leaders
- To emphasize the importance of community service
- To harness the enthusiasm of youth to help solve local problems