Signature Selection Criteria
APPLICATION PROCESS & SELECTION CONSIDERATIONS
Each Leadership Springfield class is carefully selected to achieve balance in terms of: professional backgrounds, leadership experience, time in the Springfield community, race, gender identity, and industry. In order to accommodate a greater pool of applicants, we offer two Signature Classes. Class 37 program days will meet on Thursdays and Class 38 will meet on Tuesdays. Classes are representative of our community and include participants who represent large and small businesses, the self-employed, non-profits and community volunteers. Applications will be thoroughly reviewed. Therefore, taking the application seriously and providing a strong application is critical.
• Participation is open to all individuals who live or work in the Springfield metropolitan area.
• Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth.
• Demonstrated commitment and motivation to serve the community by assuming leadership roles in the public and private sectors of our community.
• Demonstrated commitment to improving the community environment to favorably impact the economic development and quality of life in our community.
• Length of time in the community.
Based on the highly competitive nature of the program, applying to Leadership Springfield can be a multi-year process. A limited number of applicants are selected for each class (roughly 32 participants per class). Therefore, if your application is not accepted this program year, we encourage you to re-apply. We recommend that you update your application each year when you re-apply.
2019-2020 Signature Class applications open Monday, January 14, 2019.
January 14, 2019 Applications Open
March 8, 2019 Early Bird Application Deadline (5 pm)
April 1, 2019 Applications Close (Complete application due)
June 1, 2019 Applicants will be notified of their status
Applications for Signature Class 2019-2020 are open.
The application process has three steps:
3. Turn in Application Forms and Application Fee