Leadership Springfield seeks to inspire, develop, and connect leaders to serve the Springfield community. We provide community leadership programs for area professionals of all ages and stages and local students, unlocking the potential in our community and plugging in people to meet real needs in Springfield.
Interested in joining our small, but dynamic team? Take a look at our current open positions below!
Part Time | Springfield, MO
The Engagement Coordinator position builds relationships and engages the community through a culturally relevant lens via individual connections and events. The ideal candidate will be a connector, who builds relationships easily and has an interest in growing knowledge and skills related to community leadership, inclusive excellence and development.
- Connect. Mobilize alumni to engage with each other and the community. Provide opportunities for alumni to connect with Leadership Springfield. Work to intentionally create connections between people and groups throughout the community.
- Listen. Invite key stakeholders to share stories and experiences. Invite alumni to share life updates and celebrate those. Invite feedback and open dialogue.
- Learn. Work to understand and embrace the organization’s mission, community leadership framework, inclusive excellence model, and strategies for development.
- Develop. Work with staff and board committees to develop and implement priorities of the organization related to alumni and community engagement.
- Engage. Engage community and alumni through a culturally relevant lens by planning and executing events both in person and virtually. Regularly meet with alumni, donors and community members to keep them updated on recent events and include in next steps for the organization.
- Build. Build relationships. Build an alumni engagement plan, focusing on encouraging participation, boosting community involvement, and fundraising. Work to build trust and expand social capital (bonding and bridging) through events, individual connections and group communication.
- Communicate clearly, comfortably, confidently and positively with team, businesses and community.
- Work quickly, independently and follow instructions while remaining professional.
- Model high standard of excellence and quality demonstrated by Leadership Springfield programs & mission, including but not limited to community leadership framework and inclusive excellence.
This position has a flexible schedule approximately 15-20 hours per week with great potential for growth in the future. Please send questions and resumes to Executive Director Carrie Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.