Applications for Signature Class 2019-2020 are open.
The application process has three steps:
2. Complete Online Application (Please note: This application will take approximately 30-40 minutes and must be completed at one time).
3. Turn in Application Forms and Application Fee
The Signature Class is Leadership Springfield’s flagship program. For over 30 years, the program has identified leaders and familiarized them with the community’s opportunities, needs, problems and resources. For a behind the scenes look at what our alumni had to say, click here.
Each year, participants are selected from applications to participate in the nine-month program, which includes two retreats and intensive daylong, once-a-month sessions on a variety of topics. The topics are set in advance, but you and a group of your classmates will plan each program day for the class.
The program day topic areas include:
- Springfield, Our Community
- Criminal Justice and Public Safety
- Civic Awareness
- Communications and Technology
- Health and Medical Services
- Education and Life-Long Learning
- Arts and Quality of Life
Each class is carefully selected to be representative of our community and to achieve balance in terms of professional backgrounds, leadership experience, time in the Springfield community, race, gender, and industry. Applications will be thoroughly reviewed. Therefore, taking the application seriously and providing a strong application is critical.